- Opening the black box of instruction
- Pursuing the precision quest.
- Linking the results: compare yourself with i) yourself (starting point), ii) other schools, and iii) external benchmarks.
- Develop a culture of improvement. Precision of practice and transparency of practice and its connection to results. Learning is the work.
- Learning during performance:
- Identify critical knowledge
- Transfer knowledge using job instruction
- Verify learning and success.
- Transformational leadership three time less effective than 'instructional or pedagogical leadership'
Leading learning communities:
- "'School improvement is most surely and thoroughly achieved when teachers engage in frequent, continuous and increasingly concrete talk about teaching practices… build up a shared language.. capable of distinguishing one practice and it's virtue from another" (Little)